Yes, Switzerland worked to a certain degree. It wasn't really cold, there was no snow, and it was raining every day... but it was nice. We went around here and there and got to see both cities and villages.
Things I loved:
- Swiss cheese, oh my goodness!
- Friendly people
- Beautiful mountains
- Lovely chocolate
- The Christmas Market of Montreux
- The beautiful village Gruyeres
Things I didn't love:
- Price level, holy macaroni, it was expensive!!
- How it was completely dead on Sunday. Nothing was open, not even the Christmas market??!
- Price level... Oh, I said that already. But everything was just really overly expensive...
I have realized that it's not just the cold and dark that brings out the Christmas spirit for me, I think snow is an essential ingredient too. And there was no snow where I was. The huge and so cosy Christmas market in Montreux did help a lot though! Now I just need to keep working on it here in Barcelona as best as I can!